Traveling overseas is often overwhelming and stressful, especially if you are going to an area where you do not know the language, are not used to the weather and are unfamiliar with the local currency. If you are unfortunate to become ill or involved in an accident while you are on a vacation of a lifetime, the last thing you want to be doing is filling out insurance compensation forms. Dealing with foreign medical bureaucracies that include doctors and hospitals can often be more complicated than dealing with the illness or injury itself.
Typical examples of accidents or illnesses that can occur while on vacation include:
- Food poisoning
- Road accidents where you are the driver, passenger or pedestrian
- Accidents involving skiing, snowboarding, parasailing, amusement parks, etc.
- Injuries sustained while on an organized tour
- Accidents that occur while using poorly maintained recreational equipment
- Accidents that happen in a facility, such as a hotel, apartment or bed & breakfast in hazardous condition or disrepair
If you are taking your vacation holiday as a family unit and one of you happens to get sick or injured, it can negatively impact the entire trip for all participants. At least one member of the family will have to adjust their plans to take care of the injured or sick patient.
Something else to keep in mind, especially in the case of foreign travel, is that certain countries don’t have the same strict insurance requirements as Ireland does. You might find yourself in a situation where the at-fault party simply doesn’t carry an adequate amount of insurance to cover the sustained injuries.
Get in touch with us now
Our knowledgeable team of professionals would be delighted to speak with you about your holiday accident claim.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us.